Research Talent Program
Develop, retain and attract a strong base and a strong pipeline of research talent in Qatar
Youth in Qatar (high school students, undergraduate students)
Local and International individuals interested in an research career in Qatar
High School Research Experience (HSREP)
fosters a research culture and develop research capacity in Qatar by promoting “Learning by Doing” and “Hands-On” research activities as effective methods for high school education.
National Science Research Week (NSRW)
is an annual group of activities aimed at fostering a research culture and develop research capacity in Qatar by promoting “Learning by Doing” and “Hands-On” research activities as effective methods for high school education.
Undergraduate Research Experience (UREP)
promote 'Learning by Doing' and 'Hands-On' mentorship activities as effective methods for undergraduate education. In addition to a research-based education, students will gain experience with team-based research collaboration with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and other undergraduates or research staff in Qatar. Project duration is 12 months
Graduate Student Research Award (GSRA)
is a Msc/PhD scholarship that includes stipends and university tuition. The grant enables local academic and research institutions support prospective faculty and researchers through a competitive sponsorship program. Graduate candidates selected by local academic institutions will gain the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to become future research and development leaders in Qatar.
Research Fellowship Award is
- The award is given to outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research in an institution in Qatar.
Key Success Measures:
- Increased STEM enrollment and interest in RDI careers
- Increase the number of STEM PhDs
- Increased number of Research Scientists and Engineers
Key performance indicators:
- % Participants trained through RDI Pipeline programs (NSRW, HSREP) that get enrolled in STEM education
- % UREP recipients that go into RDI careers
- Number of international RSEs attracted through QRDI-C Programs
- Number of PhDs and postdocs trained though QRDI-C grants
Benefits to Program Recipients:
- Receive funding to pursue professional development into research related careers
- Develop skills needed to succeed in the new target knowledge-based economy and access better job opportunities
Benefits to Qatar
- Build highly skilled and productive workforce through gaining RDI skills and capabilities
- Improve pool of RDI talent to drive RDI excellence in Qatar and achieve the targets set in the strategy